Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Life is Already Getting Crazy

Well, I got home from work today at 3:30 pm or so. I have an incredible job that is basically allowing me to work half time for ten weeks total and also have an additional two weeks off completely. Since my mother-in-law is still in town, I have been working so as to save my time completely off of work for when all parents and such have already left.

Anyway, I got home from work at about 3:30 pm or so and for the next seven hours, all I did was hold, take a nap with, feed, change, and basically hang out with Will. Pretty amazing to me that he is so darn sweet. He is a pretty laid back baby until/unless he wants/needs his food and/or a diaper change.

It has been crazy trying to balance being a dad and also being at work. I have a hard time being away for the time that I am, and yet I also feel some relief when I go to work. I don't know how Cambra is able to do it....to give herself completely over to the baby. I am so in awe of her and how wonderful a mother she is already. I feel guilty about feeling relieved to be at work....but I also miss Cambra and the baby tremendously while I am away. Lots of mixed emotions on all of this.

I'm not sure how things are going to go once all of our help is gone. Thelma leaves on Saturday and then my Mom and Dad come on Tuesday for a week. It will be a good trial run for the two and a half days in between parental visits/support. We need to figure out ways to be with Will and also get stuff done.....we are looking for a play pen to have and also another way to have him strapped to us while we work (we currently only have a Baby Bjorn chest pack).

The biggest thing I guess I am trying to give our son right now is time and attention. I know these moments will be gone so fast. I want to be truly present for as many of them as possible. Not sure how all of this will work once I am back to work full-time. Cambra and I have been in some discussions about how to work her back into some of the things she needs/wants to be doing as well....stuff with her friends, church, and her crafts (Cambra does not work currently). She will need her sanity and time away from the house too.

I guess it is all of these issues that make family life and parenthood the wild ride that it is.

1 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger Chuck said...

What I'm looking forward to is the moment when you take Will out of his chest carrier and find a ton of cracker crumbs, a bottle of mustard, and a butter knife wedged down in there with him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home