Thursday, December 22, 2005

My Wife and Sports

I think it must be something to do with the fact that a male is now fully entrenched inside her body. My dear wife, who has worked hard to both get to know and enjoy sports like football (she even comes to high school football games to watch me officiate) since our marriage actually used a current sports issue to make a point in a conversation. Honestly, I forget exactly what we were even talking about....all I remember is that she said "It's just like the fact that the fans in Green Bay have turned on Brett Farve."

I was stunned.

But mostly, I was proud.

In essence, she exhibited the type of integrated thinking around a subject that shows a level of mastery on a topic that we shoot for as educators. In essence, she was saying: how could you not know that Brett Favre IS the Green Bay Packers.

So, to all of those men out there who have wives who love them enough to learn all about the things they we men really love, even if it seems to take a long time, hold out hope. My wife is living proof that the dream is possible.

She is living the dream (my dream anyway!).

2 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So let's see you exhibit some integrated thinking about something that she loves, like, say gardening or cooking or shopping.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Scott said...

Hey, I didn't say I was living her dream....duh! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home